(Image source: Guilty after six-year trial, Portugal’s high-society paedophile ring )
I was just waking up this morning when I happened to hear an episode of Witness on the BBC World Service …
How nice for these Portuguese victims to get justice, I thought ! Then my feelings turned to frustration and a crystallising realisation that Britain is still very much behind on this issue. Look at the stalling government inquiry into allegations of organised child abuse by politicians. Look at how the psychiatric system is widely used to silence victims of organised child abuse … but … oh wait … that’s just a “conspiracy theory” right ?
“It wasn’t that long ago that those who claimed that there was a massive pedophile ring involving officials in the highest levels of government were written off as conspiracy theorists and kooks.”
Regardless of the contents of the rest of that article, that little quote at the top got me to thinking. As a victim of these kind of abuses in the 1970’s (I was born in 1970) I have often been left thinking, even in my own mind, that I was hallucinating, or had become deluded into thinking that the abuses I had been subjected to, were exactly that – abuses.
Then a little research uncovered the reason why; what we now call Grooming.
The political atmosphere in the 70’s was one of outright political control by perpetrators of child abuse. They had infiltrated to the highest levels of political lobbying (under the name PIE – Paedophile Information Exchange) with the National Council for Civil Liberties (NCCL), a group that would one day become Liberty. Liberty have since apologised for their actions in the 1970’s, but that history still has an important bearing on what is happening today.
- Liberty and its history of supporting child abusers.
- Apologists for paedophiles: How Labour Deputy Harriet Harman, her shadow minister husband and former Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt were all linked to a group lobbying for the right to have sex with children.
- A forum post about this.
“‘The PIE somehow managed to convince feminists and the gay rights lobby that they had shared values and that we all belonged in the same club,’ recalls one feminist writer whose magazine was lobbied for support by the PIE after the Exchange won NCCL affiliation.”
( Source )
At its height, PIE boasted almost 1,000 members and publicly campaigned for child sex to be legalised, and for the age of consent to be lowered to four.
( Source )
If you carefully read the above you will find that in the 70’s child abusing criminal psychopaths were on the win. They were rolling forward an agenda to give them free access to children as young as four years old, with absolutely no legal problems what so ever. A backlash did start in the 1980’s with the PIE (Paedophile Information Exchange) disbanded and various former members prosecuted and jailed for offences against children … presumably under the very same act that they had tried to alter with their lobby group and the help of what would eventually become Liberty, the NCCL.
So how far did this go exactly ? Its easy to discount all this as the actions of some deluded lefty liberals in the 70’s … until you see the scans …
“Document: This is the cover page of the NCCL’s submission to Parliament on the 1976 Sexual Offences Act held at the LSE library, which suggests that the age of consent be lowered to 14. […] Damning: On page six of the document it is argued that ‘a person aged 14 or over should be legally capable of giving consent’ and the age of sexual consent cut to ten ‘if the child understood the nature of the act'”
( Source )
I could write a lot, lot more here about the history behind all this and my feelings about being a victim and the current atmosphere. But I’ll end with this …
- In light of the successful criminal prosecutions in Portugal, involving government and high society figures, how does the situation look in Britain ?
- Have a few high profile prosecutions of celebrity figures been used to distract attention from what is going on at the top ?
- Why are so many of the revelations to do with perpetrators that are now dead ?
- Do allegations of organised child abuse at the highest levels of British government still look like a “conspiracy theory” ?
- How educated are the general public about the reality of the nature of organised abuse and its “normalisation” into making it seem that child abusers are being discriminated against like victims of Homophobia ?
- Why are we still using the word “Paedophile” that was obviously invented in the 1970’s by criminals in order to try and legitimise what they are doing ? As if abusing a child is like indulging in French cheeses like a Francophile ?
You can come to your own conclusions, but from my point of view this country is living in a trance – a dream world. Where, in order to protect some kind of “Britain stands for decency” political tag line, prosecutions and a proper inquiry are kept at bay. Of course not doing the decent thing in order to cover up indecent acts, to give an impression of decency, is just absurd. It’s time to do the decent thing and educate ourselves about the history of all this and demand that justice is done. If Portugal can do it, so can we.2,415 views